The prison phone industry, which provides telecom services for prisons, jails and other detention facilities, has a long and sordid history of exploiting prisoners and their families by charging exorbitant phone rates and fees. [See: PLN, Dec. 2013, p.1; April 2011, p.1]. Over the past decade the industry ...
Utah State Prison phone rates and kickbacks
Utah ranks 40th in the nation for the affordability of a 15 minute call.
$765,858.16 paid in 2012.
Percentage of call cost going to kickbacks: 55%
Cost of a 15-minute Intrastate Call
Phone service providers
NotesData current as of May 2017, except for kickback information, which is from FY2012.
Data current as of 2012-2013
Primary source documents
State DOC Rates
State DOC Contracts
State DOC Commission Data
- San Juan County - Securus call rates
- Salt Lake County - Centurylink call rates
- Davis County - ICSolutions call rates
- Tooele County - Securus contract
- San Juan County - Securus contract
- Salt Lake County - Centurylink contract
- Garfield County - Securus contract
- Davis County - ICSolutions contract
County Commission Data
- San Juan County - Securus commission rates
- Salt Lake County - Centurylink commissions 2018
- Salt Lake County - Centurylink commission rates 2016
- Salt Lake County - Centurylink commission rates 2015
- Garfield County - Securus commission rate
- Davis County - ICSolutions commission rate 2016
- Davis County - ICSolutions commission rate 2017