The prison phone industry, which provides telecom services for prisons, jails and other detention facilities, has a long and sordid history of exploiting prisoners and their families by charging exorbitant phone rates and fees. [See: PLN, Dec. 2013, p.1; April 2011, p.1]. Over the past decade the industry ...
Florida State Prison phone rates and kickbacks
Florida ranks 34th in the nation for the affordability of a 15 minute call.
$5,156,269.19 paid in 2012.
Percentage of call cost going to kickbacks: 35%
Cost of a 15-minute Intrastate Call
Phone service providers
NotesData current as of April 2017 except for kickback information, which is from FY2012.
Data current as of 2012-2013
Primary source documents
State DOC Rates
State DOC Contracts
- Securus Amendment 12 thru March 2018
- Florida Phone Contract with Securus
- Amendment 8 FL Contract -Exp Sept, 2015
- FL Doc 2014 Amended Contract
- FL Phone Audit 6-30-11
- FL Contract with T-Netix 2007
- FL Contract with T-Netix -- Amendment 1 -- 2009
- FL Phone Audit 6-30-09
- FL Phone Audit 12-31-09
- FL Phone Audit 12-31-10
- FL Contract with Securus with Amendments 2007
- 2013 State of Florida Contract with CenturyLink
- FL Phone Audit 12-31-11
- FL Phone Contract with Securus with Amendments 2007 - 2013
- FL Phone Audit 6-30-12
- FL Contract with MCI Worldcom -- Amendment 4 -- 2007
- FL Phone Audit 6-30-10
State DOC Commission Data
- Escambia County Florida - Bid Information
- FL Broward County Contract With T-NETIX 2010-2015 Amendment 1
- FL Broward County Contract With T-NETIX 2010-2015