The prison phone industry, which provides telecom services for prisons, jails and other detention facilities, has a long and sordid history of exploiting prisoners and their families by charging exorbitant phone rates and fees. [See: PLN, Dec. 2013, p.1; April 2011, p.1]. Over the past decade the industry ...
Georgia State Prison phone rates and kickbacks
Georgia ranks 36th in the nation for the affordability of a 15 minute call.
$7,807,260.54 paid in 2017.
Percentage of call cost going to kickbacks: 58.5-62%
Interstate calls have 0% kickback rate.
Cost of a 15-minute Intrastate Call
Phone service providers
NotesData current as of Nov 2018.
Data current as of 2017-2018
Primary source documents
State DOC Rates
State DOC Contracts
- Georgia DOC - Securus Contract Amendment 2017-2021
- GA Contract with Securus thru Sept 2020
- GA Contract With GTL Amendment 16 Extending to 6-30-15
- GA Contract With GTL Amendment 15 Extending to 12-31-14
- GA Contract With GTL Amendment 14 With Rate Change Per FCC 2-20-14
- GA Contract With GTL Amendment 13 Modifying Prepaid Collect 2-10-14
- GA Contract with GTL -- Amendment 6 -- 2008
- GA- Amended Contract w/GTL through 06-30-2014
- GA Contract with MCI-GTL Amendments 1-11