The prison phone industry, which provides telecom services for prisons, jails and other detention facilities, has a long and sordid history of exploiting prisoners and their families by charging exorbitant phone rates and fees. [See: PLN, Dec. 2013, p.1; April 2011, p.1]. Over the past decade the industry ...
Alabama State Prison phone rates and kickbacks
Alabama ranks 45th in the nation for the affordability of a 15 minute call.
$3,912,675.63 paid in 2018.
Percentage of call cost going to kickbacks: Unknown
Cost of a 15-minute Intrastate Call
Phone service providers
NotesKickbacks from Jan-Oct 2018
Data current as of 2018-2019
Primary source documents
State DOC Rates
- Alabama DOC - Centurylink Rates 10/2018
- Alabama rates as of April 2017
- AL DOC ICS Rates confirmed July 2016
State DOC Contracts
- Alabama DOC - Centurylink contract 6/2018
- AL Contract with Embarq-CenturyLInk 2012-2015
- AL Contract 2012 Embarq-CenturyLink Invitation to Bid Terms and Conditions
- AL Contract 2012 Invitation to Bid
- AL Contract 2012 Misc. Bid Documents