Groups in several states are drawing increased attention to the high cost of jail and prison phone rates, and pushing to reduce or eliminate such charges. HRDC, the publisher of PLN, has been a leader in this movement since 1992 and founded the Prison Phone ...
West Virginia State Prison phone rates and kickbacks
West Virginia ranks 3rd in the nation for the affordability of a 15 minute call.
$0.00 paid in 2019.
Percentage of call cost going to kickbacks: 0.1%
Do not have current kickback amounts from 2019.
Cost of a 15-minute Intrastate Call
Phone service providers
NotesDo not have current kickback amounts from 2019.
Data current as of 2019-2020
Primary source documents
State DOC Rates
State DOC Contracts
- WV DCR - Century Link Contract - 2015-2020
- WV Regional Jail Authority GTL Contract Through 8-31-2019
- WV DCR - Century Link Contract Extension Through 2-14-2020
- 021515 WV DOC ICS Contract with CenturyLink
- WV Contract With GTL Extension Through 3-31-15
- WV Contract With GTL Extension Through 12-31-14
- WV Contract with GTL and Renewal Through June 2012
- West Virginia GTL Contract Extension through 6-30-2014
- WV Contract Renewal with GTL 2008
- WV Contract with GTL Renewal Through June 2013
State DOC Commission Data
- WV DCR Century Link Commission Data 2014 - 2019
- West Virginia kickbacks FY2014
- 2012 West Virginia Commission Data