Groups in several states are drawing increased attention to the high cost of jail and prison phone rates, and pushing to reduce or eliminate such charges. HRDC, the publisher of PLN, has been a leader in this movement since 1992 and founded the Prison Phone ...
Texas State Prison phone rates and kickbacks
Texas ranks 14th in the nation for the affordability of a 15 minute call.
$6,760,593.15 paid in 2019.
Percentage of call cost going to kickbacks: 40%
Updated kickback data not currently available. Kickback amount from FY2012.
Cost of a 15-minute Intrastate Call
Phone service providers
NotesUpdated kickback data not currently available. Kickback amount from FY2012.
Data current as of 2019-2020
Primary source documents
State DOC Rates
- Texas DCJ - Centurylink Rates 2018-2025
- Texas Rates September 2018
- TX DOC ICS Rates effective July 2016
State DOC Contracts
- Texas DCJ - CenturyLink bid Volume 3
- Texas DCJ - CenturyLink bid Volume 2
- Texas DCJ - Centurylink Contract 2018-2025
- TX Contract with CenturyLink thru Aug 2018
- TX Phone Contract with Embarq-CenturyLink 2008-2015 with Modifications 1-7
- TX Phone Contract with Embarq 2008
State DOC Commission Data
- Texas DCJ - Centurylink Commission Rate 2018-2025
- Texas 2012 Commission Data IV
- 2012 Texas Commission Data w/breakdown
- TX Phone Kickbacks 2009-2012