Groups in several states are drawing increased attention to the high cost of jail and prison phone rates, and pushing to reduce or eliminate such charges. HRDC, the publisher of PLN, has been a leader in this movement since 1992 and founded the Prison Phone ...
Kansas State Prison phone rates and kickbacks
Kansas ranks 39th in the nation for the affordability of a 15 minute call.
$0.00 paid in 2020.
Percentage of call cost going to kickbacks: Unknown
Most recent kickback amounts from July 2019
Cost of a 15-minute Intrastate Call
Phone service providers
Data current as of 2020-2021
Primary source documents
State DOC Rates
- KS DOC CenturyLink Current Calling Rates - Retrieved Online 9-13-2019
- Kansas DOC calling rates 2018-2023
- KS DOC ICS Rates effective March 2016
State DOC Contracts
- Kansas DOC - Embarq Contract thru 2011
- Kansas DOC contract 2018-2023
- KS CenturyLink-Embarq Contract Amendment 4 thru March 2018
- KS Contract with CenturyLink-Embarq
- 2013 Kansas DOC Inmate Phone Contract Award
- KS Contract with Embarq-CenturyLink Extended Through 2012
- KS Contract with Embarq 2007