Virginia State Prison phone rates and kickbacks
Virginia ranks 6th in the nation for the affordability of a 15 minute call.
$3,794,747.49 paid in 2014.
Percentage of call cost going to kickbacks: 35%
Cost of a 15-minute Intrastate Call
Phone service providers
NotesData current as of May 2017, except for kickback information, which is from FY2014.
Data current as of 2014-2015
Primary source documents
State DOC Rates
State DOC Contracts
- VA Contract With GTL Modification 8 Extending Contract Indefinitely 12-9-13
- VA Contract with MCI-GTL with Modifications through March 2012
- VA Contract with GTL Modification 2008
- VA Contract with MCI Worldcom 2005
- VA Contract with GTL Modification 2007
State DOC Commission Data
- Virginia kickbacks FY2014
- VA Phone Kickbacks 2009-2012
- VA Phone Kickback Percentage
- 2012 Virginia Inmate Phone Commission Totals