The prison phone industry, which provides telecom services for prisons, jails and other detention facilities, has a long and sordid history of exploiting prisoners and their families by charging exorbitant phone rates and fees. [See: PLN, Dec. 2013, p.1; April 2011, p.1]. Over the past decade the industry ...
Ohio State Prison phone rates and kickbacks
Ohio ranks 13rd in the nation for the affordability of a 15 minute call.
Cost of a 15-minute Intrastate Call
Phone service providers
NotesRates current as of May 2017
Data current as of 2014-2015
Primary source documents
State DOC Rates
- Ohio Rates May 2017
- OH DOC ICS Rates effective March 2016
- 040115 Amendment 2 to ICS Contract with New Rates
State DOC Contracts
- OH Contract with MCI Worldcom 2004
- OH Subcontract Notification 2008
- OH Contract Extension with GTL and MCI 2008